Become a Volunteer at The Palestine Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and its Palestine Institute of Biodiversity and Sustainability (PIBS) work to research, educate about, and conserve our natural world, culture and heritage and use knowledge to promote responsible human interactions with our environment. We promote respect (for one self, for fellow human beings, and for the environment). We have many volunteer opportunities that will enhance your skills and allow you to be part of a team that is dynamic and energetic and making a difference locally.
1) Participate in research project. See our current and past research projects here https://www.palestinenature.org/research/
2) Ecosystem structures: Design of living outdoor and animal/plant exhibits that interactive and not “zoo like” or “garden like”. The main goal is to recreate a habitat that will allow a growth in number of species and an equilibrium in the ecosystem created. Here people interested as well as landscape designers, architects, and others who can contribute are needed.
3) Education/behavioral change: Developing the education system in schools, to increase the curiosity for the children and the way they are thinking about the nature around themselves. Developing and training children about recycling/ up-cycling. And developing SMART science exhibition for students in the museum.
4) Recycling and upcycling and composting projects.
5) Permaculture ncluding aquaponics and aquaculture
6) Fundraising and sustainable income planning: Grant and proposal writing, holding fundraising events, brainstorming about projects for our own sustainability (income generating projects and implementing them etc.
7) Administration: Making partners and relationship between the museum and other organizations and museums around the world and making sure that all tasks relating to running such a project are well done.
8) Architecture of new building: Designing the new Eco-friendly building for the museum along with the Pond and cages for birds and butterflies.
9) Media and IT work: Writing stories about the museum and our work including the volunteers and their research, translate it into many languages and publish it in the western and eastern media including social media. Making documentaries and animation movies for the children. Building and developing database for the collection and the researches at the museum in order to have an online library in the future.
10) Field work: Join us in field trips to study and document natural history in Palestine.
11) Preparation of material for research and exhibit: There are many opportunities here from cataloging to preservation to pinning insects to taxidermy of vertebrates to model building etc.
12) Tour guiding and hospitality: Many visitors are already coming and we expect thousands to visit in 2016 and beyond so volunteer to help host and take care of those.
Note: We hold volunteer meetings and workshops in Bethlehem regularly so email us to inquire about the next meeting or simply email us and come visit anytime (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you decide to volunteer, we ask you to fill out the volunteer-registration-form and email it to email@example.com