The Palestine Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and the Palestine Institute of Biodiversity Research work to research, educate about, and conserve our natural world, culture and heritage and use knowledge to promote responsible human interactions with our environment.
- Explore and research the diversity of the fauna, flora, and human ethnography via collections and research.
- Environmental protection and responsible interaction between people and the environment. This includes building environmental awareness and encouraging conservation of natural resources including connecting this to Palestinian heritage.
- Use the knowledge gained and the books and databases and collections to promote science education so that this institute becomes one that helps all segments of society in areas like biology, ecology, technology, archaeology, ethnology etc.
- Cataloging and building a physical and an electronic data base of all animal and plant species existing as well as beginning to catalog and preserve objects/specimens related to natural history and biodiversity (including human diversity and history).
- Develop respect a) for ourselves (self empowerment), b) for our fellow human beings (regardless of background), and c) for all living creatures and our shared earth.