Projects and Grants
PIBS is thankful for all of Our Partners, for supporting our mission.
- Dec 2020–Jun 2022 Consultancy to build 6th National CBD report and national biodiversity action plan for Palestine. Ministry of Finance and Environmental Quality Authority.
- Jun 2020-Jun 2021 Green Oasis in Bethlehem for Plant and Ecosystem Conservation. Mediterranean Basin Hotspot- CEPF-MED project.
- Jun 2020 – Jul 2021 Academic Cooperation with the Environment Quality Authority to Refine Strategies for Biodiversity Conservation in Protected Areas in Palestine. Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
- Jan 2020-Dec 2022 Unity and diversity in nature and society. Partnership of PIBS, Galilee Society and Palestinian Center for Rapprochement Between People. EU Peacebuilding Initiative. EuropeAid/162124/DD/ACT/Multi, Grant Reference ENI/2019/162124/83.
- Dec 2019-Nov 2022 British and Palestinian museum collaboration in research, education, and conservation. Royal Society. Partnership with Alfried Vogler of the Natural History Museum, London.
- Sep 2018-Aug 2021 Biodiversity Conservation and Community Development in Al-Makhrour Valley in Bethlehem, Palestine. Darwin Initiative Fund.
- Jun 2018 – May 2020. Biodiversity Conservation in Al-Makhrour Valley, Bethlehem, Palestine. National Geographic Society.
- Sep 2018 – Aug 2019. Building the Capacity to Protect Palestinian Land and Heritage through Museology and Eco-Tourism. British Council.
- Apr 2018 – May 2019. Community Garden. This project is granted and directed by the Rotary Club plus cofunding from the Knights of the Equestrian Order.
- Jan 2018 – Dec 2018. Climate Change Education in Palestine. In collaboration with zoinet.org, Action de sensibilisation et d’éducation à l’environnement et le changement climatique pour les communautés en Palestine by City of Geneva (for execution in Palestine).
- Jan 2017-Feb 2018 Actions for Environmental Sustainability in Wadi Zarqa Protected Area. UNDP-GEF-SGP
- Jan – Dec 2017 Cytogenetic studies on biodiversity indicator species of Land Snails (Gastropoda, Mollusca). Bethlehem University Institutional Research Grant.
- Jan - Sep 2018. Socio-economic sustainable development and environmental conservation at the northern transition zone to Wadi Qana Protected Area, Palestine. Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
- Aug 2017 Small project for creating module for environmental training (from http://www.palestinaorientering.dk)
- Sep 2016 - Apr 2017. Empowering Youth in Environmental Stewardship. US Consulate.
- Sep 2016 - Apr 2017. Models of sustainability at Bethlehem University. Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
- Jun-Aug 2016. Environmental Conservation and protected areas in Palestine: Challenges and Opportunities. The Hanns Seidel Foundation (Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung), Consultancy Report available xii+159 pp.
- Jun 2016 Culture of Resistance grant for workshops on Sumud and sustainable living.
- Mar 2016 GIZ grant to host a water workshop highlighting sustainability issues in the water sector.
- 2015-2016 TELECANTHUS and Masar Ibrahim contract for developing panels for the tour path that stretches from northern areas of the West Bank to the south.
- 2015-2016 ERASMUS mobility grant Sienna University in Italy with us at Bethlehem University for exchange of Scholars (Prof. Qumsiyeh travel to Italy April 2016).
- 2015 Palestinian American Research Council (PARC) funding for exchange which helped bring Dr. Faysal Bibi (Paleontologist) from Museum fur Naturkunde, Berlin to help the Palestine Museum of Natural History.
- 2015 Telemachus Foundation To Empower The Poor And End War (pilot project for biodiversity/permaculture).